Our tutorials are written for Solidworks 2007. The following tutorials with the PDF icon are available for download. Download the free reader from Adobe. Any questions contact us at
CO2 Shell Dragster
Table of Contents
1. Blank. This tutorial is the same as the rail car blank (updated 11/2008).
3. SW to MCX. Move body file from SolidWorks 2007 to Mastercam X. First install Mastercam Direct to move part into
Mastercam X. If you are using Mastercam X2 you do not need Mastercam Direct, simply open SolidWorks part file in Mastercam. This tutorial rotates solid into the correct Mastercam XY
planes, creates a wireframe centered around the solid and lofts flat cut surface. Also, creates new WCS views for toolplanes.
4. Body toolpaths. Units are all metric. Click here for tutorial with units in inches. Toolpaths to cut body from balsa blank. 1) Drill axles holes. 2) Bottom shell wheel cutouts using rough pocket and finish parallel. 3) Cut body left and right side using rough parallel and finish blend toolpaths. (updated 12/2008)
5. Front Wheel GT-F.
6. Rear Wheel GT-R
9. Drawing. 11” by 17” paper.
11. Axle Retainer with Mates.
12. Eye Screw with Threads and Mates. It is not recommended to model threads, but they are so cool. The same eye screw without threads.
13. Canister with Mates.
14. Flames Decal for Body.
15. Analyze in Wind Tunnel. Analyze assembly design using COSMOSFloWorks flow simulation. Our best was 5.20 drag! Can you design car with less drag?