Welcome to Our SolidWorks 08 CO2 Dragster Tutorial
The tutorials are written for Solidworks 2008. The following tutorials with the PDF icon are available for download. Download the free reader from Adobe. Any questions contact us at
CO2 Shell Dragster 2008
Table of Contents
2. Body with new “tail”.
3. SW to MCX4. In this tutorial you open your SW body file in Mastercam X4. In Mastercam X4 you rotate solid body into the correct Mastercam XY planes, create a
wireframe centered around the solid for toolpath containment and loft flat cut surface. Also, your create new WCS views for toolplanes.
4. Body toolpaths. Units are all metric. Toolpaths to cut body from balsa blank: 1) Drill axles holes us new FBM (Feature Based Machining). Cool!
detects holes in solid body. 2) Bottom shell wheel cutouts using rough pocket and finish parallel. 3) Cut body left and right side using rough parallel and finish blend toolpaths and mirrors toolpath
(new in X3).
5. Front Wheel GT-F.
6. Rear Wheel GT-R
9. Drawing. 11” by 17” paper.
11. Axle Retainer with Mates.
12. Eye Screw with Threads and Mates. It is not recommended to model threads, but they are so cool.
13. Cartridge with Mates.
14. Flames Decal for Body.
15. Analyze in Wind Tunnel. Analyze assembly design using COSMOSFloWorks flow simulation and create animation of flow trajectories. Our best was 5.20 drag! Can you design car with less